Complete France Forum

DENTAL BRACE FOR CHILD OF 11 YEARS

hakunamatata

[quote user="hakunamatata"]Does anyone have an idea of how much a brace will cost for a 11 year old?[/quote]

I would ask papawhatisname he's seems to know the prices of everything else dental wise. Though he wont tell you where to get it. [:D]

I can tell you that the braces that are all metal are cheaper than the ones with clear retainers. I think you also get a bigger remboursement from CPAM. Some dentists have monthly payment plans and other you can pay quarterly. How much you will get back will depend on the quality of your top up , your 11 year old may be 13 or 14 before the treatment is finished.

Are you in the UK or in France?

In the UK, it is VERY difficult to get a brace on the NHS (most are seen as being cosmetic) and, when I asked about 2 years' ago, they cost about £2000 privately (rough estimate, which can vary greatly).  There is a scale that dentists follow to determine whether a brace can be provided by the NHS and the teeth have to be at the high end of the scale.  My daughter was not allowed to start her treatment until she was 14 but I have no idea if that is standard.

In France, my daughter's ortho, charges about 500 euros every 6 months and this covers however many visits are needed over that period.

PM me if you want any further information.

Archived