Complete France Forum

Blood Test

Rob Roy

The doctor requested I have a blood test as my BP was a bit high. I had it done last Tuesday and Wednesday received the results by post. I presumed they also sent a copy to the GP, but I'm now wondering if I should be forwarding the results I got to him. I thought he said he would receive the results and would ring me if there were any problems, so I presumed we both got the results but now I'm doubting myself!

Can anyone enlighten me please?

• 2 months later...

A blood test is a laboratory analysis performed on a blood sample that is usually extracted from a vein in the arm using a needle, or via fingerprick.

Blood tests are used to determine physiological and biochemical states, such as disease, mineral content, drug effectiveness, and organ function. They are also used in drug tests. Although the term blood test is used, most routine tests (except for most haematology) are done on plasma or serum, instead of blood cells.

If all the results that you have are within the limits shown and not highlighted or enboldened then you probably wont be hearing from him, if any are then go to see him.

My médécin is always happy to discuss my results even when they are normal, he wont accept a payment for this, he considers it part of the service. 

Archived