Complete France Forum

Orange Messagerie

I have just switched to a NRJ sim card, I want to switch off the mesagerie on my old orange mobicarte to avoid people using my old number and leaving messages which I won't retrieve.

I have tried dialling 888 (which still works despite no credit on card) but there is not an option to annul the messagerie, is there a code which you send to activate/deactivate like the vodafone method?

Oh by the way whilst I do have the option to re-record the OGM I think it is time limited to my name followed by the standard ..... N'est pas disponible en ce moment.....

It is possible but has to be done by Orange customer service (I tried at a FT/Orange shop yesterday and they completely messed up to the point where I have to go back today, cancel my existing contract and get a new SIM/number as apparently what they did cannot be "undone" under the Orange system).

Orange Customer services are on 700 (from your mobile and a very expensive call) or 3970 from a fixed line at 0,15€ per min.

You might be able to do it by changing the "diverts" using your telephone but in the UK I used to find this "unreliable in that it would periodically re-activate (on Vodaphone).

Ian

888 will still work as it is free. Another thing you might do is to change your messagerie notification from SMS (default) to e.g. e-mail so, if it ever did reactivate by "mistake" you would at least get notified through a medium you were continuing to use.

Ian

Archived