Complete France Forum

Moving information between computers

This should not be difficult if you're going to be using the same browser in the new machine.  In Internet Explorer you would export the bookmarks to a file and then copy that file to your new computer (either by using a CD or by linking the 2 computers). 

I imagine that you would do something similar if you use another browser. 

If you need further details, please post again, and someone will help walk you through it.

1. Start

Microsoft Internet Explorer, click File, and then click Import and Export to run the Import/Export Wizard. Click Next.
  2. On the Import/Export Selection page, click

Export Favorites. Click Next.

3. On the Export Favorites Source Folder page, select the Favorites folder at the top of the list. Click Next.
  4. On the Export Favorites Destination page, click Browse, and then choose a folder. You might want to create a new folder in My Documents called My Backup Files. Click Finish to save the file.
To export the saved favorites to a new computer, copy the file on the

old computer to a floppy disk, CD, USB flash memory keydrive, or a

network location. On the new computer, use the Import/Export Wizard to

import the favorites: In Internet Explorer, click File, click Import and Export, and then on the Import/Export Selection page, click Import Favorites.

I think that with Firefox the first time that you run it may give a choice to import Favorites from IE or a file on your computer.  Just thought, your new PC may be running Vista in that case the Export/Import part may be different. Good luck.[:)]

regards

For Internet Explorer 7....

Click FILE, then

IMPORT AND EXPORT

This opens a Wizzard then follow instructions

You can also export cookies which will allow your new computer to behave much like your old one when you visit regular sites.

on the new computer, simply duplicate the process above, but following the 'import' route

For Firefox : BOOKMARKS then ORGANISE BOOKMARKS allows you to move bookmarks and thus move them to a portable source.

hope this helps

p

EDIT

Ahhhhhhh......

beat me to it by 1 minute!

Archived