Complete France Forum

Thank you Tenniswitch. What has disappeared is the bar with the http// in it where you see what site you are on, where you can type in a site to go to it, or copy and paste it, which is perhaps what you mean by the address bar.

Right clicking a toolbar gives :

Boutons standard

Barre d'adresses

Liens

Google

Verrouiller les barres d'outils

Personnaliser...

That is indeed the Address Bar

In English IE6 (not sure about IE7)

View (or right click anywhere on the grey area at the top of the window)

Toolbars

Click Address bar if not already ticked.

Is that what you're after ?

Strange if it has disappeared on it's own [8-)]

Are you sure it's not just hiding somewhere ?

At the left hand edge of every toolbar there is a tiny vertical row of dots. If you have one of those in an unexpected place with nothing apparently to the right of it try dragging it to the left, it could be your address bar !

Found it !  By doing this

If the Address bar is in the upper right corner and not available, right-click Address, and then click Lock the Toolbar to remove the check mark.
• Click Address, and then drag the Address bar where you want it.

on here      http://www.morun.net/www/erase-history/erase-address-bar-history-eraser.html

Don't know how it got lost over there though   [8-)]

Many thanks for all your help.   [:)]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Yeah, little [6]

Now I see I've got another one over there "Liens" (links).  Dont know quite what to do about him.  I daren't touch it for the moment!

[/quote]

May not be of much help to your problem, but I use the 'Links' all the time. You can create links for the most frequently used sites - it makes jumping around websites much quicker and easier.

I've found that lots of people don't know about it, but when I've demonstrated the way links work, everybody I know has thought it's a great idea.

Tim

Archived