Complete France Forum

Viewing items on eBay France

No, no difference at all.

I was in France when first registered with ebay. All of my ebay messages etc still come to me in French. I am currently looking at both French and English sites from England and get the error message when looking at non-Paypal items on ebay.fr.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote user="ErnieY"]My Firefox v3.0b5 if it makes any difference, clearly a browser issue though despite what the message says.[/quote]Actually that's not necessarily true is it, it could be an IP address issue, to eBay I 'appear' to be in the US.

I realised that almost as soon as I'd posted but it was time for lunch and it's a case of survival of the fittest [:'(] [:D]

According to THIS eBay is supposedly to block listings (except motors) which do not offer PayPal but that cannot be what's going on here because if that were the case then every listing would be PayPal enabled ergo there would be no reason to block buyers viewing them.

Init ?

[quote user="Quillan"]

I just tried the link and got the message. It does say "raison de restrictions légales en vigueur dans certains pay" which implies that it is for legal reasons.

[/quote]

I tried it too and go the same message.  Can't be for legal reasons though can it?

Can we say 'Free movement of goods and services within the EU'  ?

I hear that the requirement for PalPay was implemented in Australia and was promptly challenged in the courts and found to be illegal.  Do we have any Oz forum members that may be able to confirm this?

I live in France and my IP is in France.

Any way a route that made EBAY.FR work for me , I used this IP changer set to Germany

http://anonymizer.nntime.com/

I put in this item (a ford ka ,just a random choice ) it gave me the "message" through the direct route , but took me to the item when the changer was used ?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Ford-Ka-1-3-Obsession-2001-Toutes-options-Clim-VE_W0QQitemZ130247998451QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130247998451&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

RH said "Were you living in France when you first registered with eBay ?"  WB said "Yes I think so. Does that make a difference?"

It appears that it does.  Whilst not explaining why we cannot see the French non paypal stuff from our accounts the answer is that although we may show France as our home address we were and it seems still are are registered with Ebay.co.uk.  This is the answer I got from EBay France.

Bonjour Monsieur Aveyron,

Nous avons bien reçu votre message concernant votre difficulté à suivre les objets sur eBay.fr 

Après vérification, nous constatons que vous êtes actuellemnt inscrit sur le site eBay.co.uk. Pour résoudre donc votre problème, nous vous invitons à effectuer le transfert de votre compte.

Il est possible de transférer votre inscription uniquement vers le site correspondant à vos coordonnées d'inscription.  Comment procéder ?

Dans un premier temps, vous devez modifier vos coordonnées d'inscription  en procédant comme suit :

1. Affichez votre page Mon eBay.

2. Pour les utilisateurs de Mon eBay Bêta :
Passez la souris sur l'onglet Compte, puis, dans le menu déroulant qui apparaît, cliquez sur le lien Coordonnées.
Pour les utilisateurs de Mon eBay classique :Dans le menu de gauche, cliquez sur le lien Coordonnées de la rubrique
Mon compte.

3. Dans la rubrique E-mail et coordonnées, cliquez sur le lien "Afficher et modifier toutes vos adresses".

4. Dans la rubrique "Adresse fournie lors de votre inscription", cliquez sur le lien "Modifier" et suivez les instructions.

Ensuite, veuillez nous recontacter en précisant que vous acceptez les Conditions d'utilisation d'eBay.fr. Nous procéderons alors au transfert de votre compte.

Nous attirons votre attention sur le fait que conformément à notre règlement relatif aux coordonnées des membres :

- les membres eBay ne peuvent pas utiliser une fausse identité ;- les membres eBay doivent toujours fournir des coordonnées valides et complètes.

Nous vous invitons à consulter notre règlement relatif à l'identité à partir du lien suivant :

http://pages.ebay.fr/help/policies/identity-ov.html

Nous vous remercions pour votre compréhension et votre coopération.

Cordialement,

Marion Bernard
Le Service consommateur d'eBay

I checked all this Ron and I seem to be 100% French as far as eBay France are concerned. No trace of any UK details anywhere. However, as I said, I did have a UK registration on this PC before so perhaps some cookie-type file is still lurking somewhere. But Quillan deleted all cookies and that didn't work [6]

Krusty's idea may be valid. Unfortunately I don't have a German  proxy so can't try it. The closest I have is Swiss which doesn't work but maybe because it's not EU.

Can't believe it's so hard ! I wouldn't be impressed if I was selling and a large part of my target couldn't see the details of my item !!

Thanks Krusty. That works ! Great link, I didn't realise it would be so simple, thought it was a proxy service like the one I paid (a small amount) for.

So it's not a cookie problem but linked to ISP location. Wonder why Germany works but not UK or France or any other far-flung places ?

Do I care ! I can now look at the campervans we can't afford !! [:D]

I have two Ebay accounts, one for buying which originated from the UK and one for selling which I created in France and neither of them work properly.

Now I have set up a brand new Ebay account here in France from scratch and I am using wanadoo here in France as the isp and guess wot, it still does not work and I get exactly the same error as before.

I am now going to try Krusties work around.

This has now ceased to be funny and I am getting really hacked off.

I have 2 totally separate accounts my original one from UK and a new one I created in France. Both are linked to PayPal but with different payment methods although I can pay for items in eBay.fr with my original UK PayPal A/C if I choose but it can sometimes get a bit complicated with addresses if I do that !

OK - I tried Krusties link and I still can't view the plates I posted before - obviously I have done something wrong [:(]

The annonimizer sire asks for a url - should this be eBay France ? If not what should it be ?

Is it likely that I will keep having to do this ?

Remember, I'm a computer dummie, keep it simple please.....[:)]

[quote user="ErnieY"]I have 2 totally separate accounts my original one from UK and a new one I created in France. Both are linked to PayPal but with different payment methods although I can pay for items in eBay.fr with my original UK PayPal A/C if I choose but it can sometimes get a bit complicated with addresses if I do that !

[/quote]

My selling account and its respective PayPal account is linked to my bank in France, always has been and that does not work. My new account is not linked to a PayPal account at all.

Now I can get in very few of the mobile homes accept PayPal (about 2 or 3) but it makes no difference which Ebay account I use without Krusties fix, they just don't work.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

OK - I tried Krusties link and I still can't view the plates I posted before - obviously I have done something wrong [:(]

The annonimizer sire asks for a url - should this be eBay France ? If not what should it be ?

Is it likely that I will keep having to do this ?

Remember, I'm a computer dummie, keep it simple please.....[:)]

[/quote]

Type in www.ebay.fr then click on Germany and then on GO next to where you entered the URL in and you go straight to Ebay France.

Hi RH , If you have followed the guy`s instructions you should be in.

As regards having to keep doing this , I do not think so , if we assume this is happening to Ebay customers all over France , I am sure they will fix it soon.

[quote user="greyman"]

I checked all this Ron and I seem to be 100% French as far as eBay France are concerned. No trace of any UK details anywhere. be impressed if I was selling and a large part of my target couldn't see the details of my item !!

[/quote]

Same here but when I submitted the "new" address it defaulted to Ebay UK so I am clearly with eBay UK as they said.  I have asked again why we cannot see the items in France with UK log ins but they have ignored it again and just got told I will soon be able to view them because now I have "submitted" my details as opposed to just changing them[8-)]

Puisque vous avez déjà modifié vos coorodnnées d'inscription qui sont maintenant françaises, veuillez nous recontacter en précisant que vous  acceptez les Conditions d'utilisation d'eBay.fr. Nous procéderons alors  au transfert de votre compte et vous donnera ainsi une plus grande accéssibilité au site.

It says that I should tell them I want to join Ebay France and accept their T&Cs, then I will have better access to the French ebay.  I have not contacted them again yet   I doubt that EBay France are going to change this situation unless many other UK based buyers and sellers complain, it seems clearly down to the paypal only issue in the UK.

Archived