Complete France Forum

I expect that everybody but me has already noticed this, but I find that I can now get Motors free to air via my Sky box.  I don't suppose this interests many of you but to me it's great because back comes the ability to watch the World Rally Championship and the Le Mans Series plus lots of other petrolhead goodies.

Happy bunny, just upset that she didn't find this out before. Doh.

I havnt had Sky for a good few years now since my box went t**s up but I am sure that I used to get Motors TV, I only ever had the free channels.

I get AB Moteurs now on my Free abonnement but its a poor relation, just road tests of the Mini cooper versus the Fiat 500 sporty version (forgot the name) repeated ad infinitum, the obligatory tuning programs full of Kevins and their pimped Saxo's and Monster Garage which I do enjoy but for the dubbing, I dont know why but the guy just shouts all the time like a WW wotsitsname wrestler mouthing off to his opponent.

I never thought that I would say it but I am beginning to miss some of the better parts of UK television, another 10 years of immersion and I might consider reconnecting it, I know a guy who has been here 15 years or so that has just got Sky for his (bilingual) teenage children, he really appreciates it.

Same for me - I just get the "insert your sky card" request ......  I've got a cardless Sky box (the viewing card expired a couple of years ago)

Is it possible to add the Motors channel?  I did that to get Channel 5.

Bernice

We have the white card too and after following this through to Sky we realised that for the last two years the card had been in the wrong slot[:$] the nice lady having put us right and reset our registration details at their end then explained that Motors was not included in the FTA. After the call and turning on TV we saw a new message, saying that we had the wrong card inserted in our box, with a new number to call, I got through again on the third attempt (grrr) to be told that Motors should be included in the FTA, but that our card had started downgrade(que?) for encrypted channels and that this was normal under Sky's terms and conditions and that we would need to pay £25 for a replacement card! Some debate later and after consulting with one of the supervisors I was told that as a special concession they would credit the charge 48hr later, but we would still need to pay for the replacement card in the first instance. So I wait (for card replacement and Motors) with abated breath . . .

[quote user="AnOther"]For the avoidance of confusion nothing should be read into the colour as subscription are also white !

AFAIK all Sky cards are created equal and it's just a case of how they are programmed.

[/quote]I have never seen a subscription card so did not know this.  I just sought to make the distinction between it and the old "house" one.  I know that some people have Sky boxes without a card which give them access to most channels and I wasn't sure if these gave Motors.  

Funny that sub' cards don't whereas my £10 from flea bay one does.

Having just checked www.motorstv.co.uk what's on tonight it's V8 Supercars head to Western Australia for round four at the Barbagallo circuit outside Perth.

and especially delighted to see that Motors TV LE MANS coverage includes the drivers' parade around Le Mans town centre on Friday afternoon, and then kicks into a fairly immersive race programme: live race-day coverage from 8am BST Saturday morning with the pre-race warm-up, followed by the Le Mans Legends support races, and then live unbroken coverage of the main event starting at 2pm UK-time and continuing until after the finish, er, 24 hours later. [:D]

[quote user="just john "]

Having just checked www.motorstv.co.uk what's on tonight it's V8 Supercars head to Western Australia for round four at the Barbagallo circuit outside Perth.

and especially delighted to see that Motors TV LE MANS coverage includes the drivers' parade around Le Mans town centre on Friday afternoon, and then kicks into a fairly immersive race programme: live race-day coverage from 8am BST Saturday morning with the pre-race warm-up, followed by the Le Mans Legends support races, and then live unbroken coverage of the main event starting at 2pm UK-time and continuing until after the finish, er, 24 hours later. [:D]

[/quote]Did you watch?  That was some advert' for fireproof undies!

LM is sadly now on Eurosport who, iirc, have something like a four-year contract. [:@]  Pity because when Motors did it there was, indeed, wall to wall coverage.

[quote user="just john "]

What did I miss, LM not on Motors? oh nooooo . . . . [blink]

[/quote]Not for the last couple of years.  Audi is thought to have helped in "persuading" the ACO to deal with Eurosport.  The usual thing about bigger (but less dedicated[:@]) audiences. 

However, after ALMS negotiated one of the daftest deals of the century, they recently backtracked so you will get 7 of the 8 remaining races from the States, plus the "European" LM series (highlights from Spa were on yesterday and are being repeated several times).

Archived