Complete France Forum

Is anyone with an Orange Tel contract or Orange mobile willing to help me.....

get a code to unlock my very old and now unused Orange mobile?

It won't cost you money but will take some of your time.

It's possible to get the unlocking code from your espace client or to ring the service for désimlockage (don't you just love that word?) by ringing a free number on your mobile, giving them my mobile number and IMEI number and an email address.

I have tried ringing them on their client service number but I had difficulty understanding which button I was required to press.  I did get to the point when I had to hold on for "3 to 5" minutes but all I got was interminable pop music.

I have also tried emailing but, without an identification number for espace client, I am not sure anyone would even look at my email. 

Yes, I know I've got a nerve asking but I thought I'd try out your patience and good nature [:D]

If anyone is able or willing to help, please PM me.

Hi Sweet, hope you get lots of people rushing to help out. If not, here's a link which might work - instructions for older Nokia phones and other older phones is a long way down:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/unlock-mobile-phone

We had one of ours done locally for a fiver, but if I needed it doing again I'd try the method on the link.

Thank you, GG.  I have tried some sites like those you have mentioned but 2 codes obtained that way didn't work.  I am nervous about a third try because you are only supposed to try only twice and then STOP.

Your first moneysavingexpert site did say you could have 5 goes but it a nice little phone so I don't want to permanently lock it and need to take it to a FT shop.  Our nearest shop is over an hour's drive away and I am short of time at the moment.

On the plus side, I bought a phone, same model ,on leboncoin for 15 euros and that one is unlocked and works just fine.

Thank heavens for leboncoin, I say![:D] 

No one's offered so far!  Nevermind, I'll have to borrow someone's Orange mobile and have another go.  At least it will be a free call.

Aren't telephone pre-recorded messages difficult to understand?  By the time I've made out the meaning of one phrase, the speel has moved on several phrases![:P]

Thanks anyway to all those who have read the post.

Archived