Complete France Forum

Re: Urgent Need of a Rescue Dog:

Don't know if anyone can assist.

Very dear friends and most lovely people who live in the Nord Pas de Calais (nearest main town Hesdin), are going to so sadly lose their devoted old friend, Sam, to cancer in the next few weeks, after many years.

Sam is a cross breed; typical mutt. Loads of energy and affection.

Most important they replace they replace him.

My friends have their own problems too at the moment: he is presently in a recovery unit having recently broken the head of a femur.

Both friends have certain health problems which they overcome with tenacity.

She is the walker and most days, Sam has been for brisk and bracing country walks through the "Bluebell Forest" and all along the rambling country lanes.

Any rescue centres in 62?

Any help or guidance would be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Gluestick, I'm very sorry about your friends' dog, but if they need another companion there is the refuge/fourrière of Hénin-Carvin (I don't know how near that is to Hesdin).

http://www.agglo-henincarvin.fr/refuge.php

I alreay posted about it once

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/910472/ShowPost.aspx

There is also Béthune which I've also posted about on different threads

http://lerefugebethunois.site.voila.fr/

There are so many dogs in these places urgently needing ahome.

If they need any help, they can always contact me.

Many thanks, CA.

I will advise them.

In fact I have only just heard that he now has to wait until end of March for another xray before being allowed to stand up! So it is now even more important that she takes dear old Sam to the recovery home to see "His Dad" for the last time.

Apparently some bone has grown in the wrong place next to the pin used to repair his femur.

Why do problems and disasters always arrive in twos and threes?? And to the best people?

He is an  incredible man: a retired lawyer who in his early 60s left the UK - again - and qualified as an avocat and represented clients in criminal cases in one of the major courts in Pas de Calais: and also still worked internationally for various human rights charities including fair trials abroad.

He has given great chunks of his life for no reward and no recognition, simply to assist the oppressed.

I'l let you know how I get along with this.

Many thanks for your help: it is very much appreciated.

OK I know I'm a bit biased, Panda, because he is a dear friend.

But he is a fantastic man and has achieved so much good in his life. He is also a testament to the French health service as he has been fighting major disease for a few years now and his treatment has been fantastic.

We are going over next week and will be doing what we can for them both.

Hi Gluestick

There's never a good time to loose a pet but this is really sad.

Hope your friends get fixed up soon with a another (was going to say "replacement" but there is never an actual replacement) pet soon and it's just amazing, as I know from experience, how quickly you become occupied with your new pet and so the pain (but never the memory) eases.

Your friend is lucky to have such a caring friend.

Best wishes to you all. 

Hi Gluestick

My heart aches for the sadness of losing a pet but i think that I may have the perfect match. Would you consider Joy? He's a lovely, cuddly boy that just wants lots of love. He's house-trained, walks well on a lead, loves to play ball, is gentle and would really benefit from going to a home where he will get all of the attention he deserves. Please look on the forum at him, he really is a joy.

(If you're worried about how to get him I can bring him to you. I just need to find his perfect people and will go to the ends of the earth for this boy)

Archived