Complete France Forum

Book

Suninfrance

My friends brought me a book for Christmas called Farewell, My Lovely.  It's about loved pets that have passed on and their owners have written about them.  I'd only read the first story and it had me in tears, so if you are thinking of getting this book, buy a box of tissues to go with it.  It is however, a lovely book and I would recommend it.

Jan

I don't think I could cope with that! We have an old labrador who was 14 the other week. He is still fit and well as far as we can tell, although rather artheritic, but I keep wondering how much longer we are going to have him. His brother died 2 years ago, and I still miss him.

I do know what you mean Rob Roy, but my gorgeous white cat (in the picture) has been missing since 4th November and we both miss him dreadfully.  Not knowing where he is or what has happened makes it very distressing. 

The book is about written memorials to lost and departed loved pets and although it is sad and makes me cry, it helps me remember what a great character our Davy was.

I still hope that one day he may return, but the night after he left, I dreamt about him trotting proudly through the blue and yellow flowers he loved to sleep in, but he seemed to be floating above them.  In my dream he looked content and happy with his blue eyes sparkling.

OK - I'm crying now, but that is how I want to remember him and if, by any stroke of chance, he does come back, he will get so many hugs (which he loved).

Jan

Archived