Complete France Forum

Contacting a French microchip company - PLEASE HELP!!

racheledwards6

I got my two cats in France. Got them all vaccinations over there, passports and microchips and moved to England. I need to register my new English address to their microchips but I have no idea who to contact. I have spoken to the vets over here and they told me to contact the microchip company. I don't understand much French and can't come up with anything useful on the internet :( I think the microchip company is Merial Indexel Electronic Identification (that's what it says on a tag they gave me).

Can someone please please please help me with who to contact?

x

If you are still having problems it may be worth contacting the Pet Travel Scheme helpline

Telephone: 0870 241 1710 - Monday to Friday - 8am to 6pm UK time (closed Bank Holidays).

Email: quarantine@animalhealth.gsi.gov.uk - Include your postal address and a day time telephone number.  They must have come across this problem many times before so may have some useful suggestions.

Val

I can't see how contacting the SIEV will help you Rachel.  What you want is to get them registered over there.  I just found this, but can't get on to the link as you have to join.  Looks like you have to contact Petlog in the UK.

Registering A Foreign Microchip - Great Dane Owners Forum

Call Petlog, the UK's main microchip registration database. They are allied with Europetnet so when you register with them in the UK your pet will be ...

www.sullyworld.co.uk/newforum/index.php?showtopic=10750&view...

http://www.petlog.org.uk/  Though it looks as if they deal more with lost and found, maybe they can tell you how to register your microchips over there if your vet can't.  In France you have to register a British chip through your vet here.

Christine and Rachel : I mentioned SIEV because on the back of my microchip certificates for my cats - issued by them - there isa form to fill in if you move countries (or any other info' changes) so they can change the database info'.  It states : "il suffit de renvoyer le formulaire a l'adresse indiquee."  That's why I suggested them - I think it's a good idea to inform them, whatever, if your animal is on their database. 

Also, the link I included is to the company whose microchip is in Rachel's cats. It is in several languages and has several national variations.

My reply wasn't re anything you said Coops, more Rachel's first post.  I don't know how it works the other way round, just when people move here and are then put on the French database.

It would be interesting to know how it works from France to the UK.  Someone else must have done it?  What about Panda?

If SIEV change their database info, they are still registered here, no?  But with an address abroad.  I really don't know.   [6]

Archived