Complete France Forum

French microchip in UK

Christine Animal

When you move to France and want your pet's UK microchip to be entered on the French database you go to the French vet who will arrange this.  So your friend who has gone back to the UK with her dogs should go to a UK vet - I'm sure they will know the procedure for transferring the chip information.

Bernice

• 2 years later...
OK, found it quicker than I expected.  www.petlog.org.uk and their phone number is 0870 6066751.  On the registration certificate it lists the microchip number and describes it as Foreign.  I was able to give the date of implant but not sure if that is a requirement.  I paid something, can't remember how much but I think we were still able to eat that week.[:D]  Oh, and they sent me two little collar tags with their phone number on it and the statement - I'm tagged, please scan me.

Oooooops,  I didn't see that one [:P] [:D].  I see you found Sully's.

When we registered Utopie with Petlog, I was of course, most concerned about finding her if she was lost  and as there is not yet a legal requirement to microchip animals in UK I don't suppose one is compelled to register a pet there at all, 'tho I think that it is really, really important for your pets safety to do so.

Archived