Complete France Forum

Classic Car Transportatin Cost?

jxedwards

I need to transport a Moggie 1000 traveller from Yorkshire to SW France between Brive and Toulouse. Noy yet sought any quotes from transport companies but wondering has anyone else done a similar delivery lately an a rough idea of cost.

Thanks

John

About three years ago I had my vintage car transported to south west France when we moved here from north west UK. It came with the rest of our possessions, and was transported in a closed trailer behind the main lorry. The cost was about £350, substantially less than professional vintage car storers and removers, who quoted £2000 for moving it on a date I specified, or around £1500 if they could fit it in at their convenience.

The removal company we used was Roy Trevor of Warrington (www.roytrevor.co.uk). If you don't plan to move with the car, it might be worth enquiring from them whether they have a journey on their schedule to the area you want. They often do runs to Spain and Portugal via France, and could take your car as a part load. The same enquiry could be made perhaps to removal companies in your area.

If you intend to register your classic car in France, by all means contact me. I have been through the whole process; it is fairly straightforward, but took a little while to sort out.

Archived