Complete France Forum

Long term lets

Is there a good website to advertise a long term let, I'm thinking of letting my place out for a year or two. I know I can get an agent to handle it locally but I was thinking of non-French who want to try out life here before taking the plunge. Is there a good website to reach such people.

TIA

Hi

If you find a good site please let me know as I am interested in a long term let to sample life in France. Where are you located?

i have just been looking at the Classified ads on the Total France website (www.totalfrance.com) and they have a big 'private property to rent' section which includes long-term lets, unfurnished properties and even one 'free accommodation in return for renovation help' ad. I don't know whether it is what you are looking for, Fumanzoku, and I've no idea what results it gets, but it might be worth Taffyjude having a look.

Good luck,

Val

We have for many years, long-term let our house in 74. We would advise caution. Trying to bypass a local agent may not be advantageous. We had English tenants for five years who - not to put too fine a point on it and using current terminology - trashed the place! Our agents were marvellous. The called in the Huissier [bailiff] to take photographs, contacted a lawyer on our behalf, did a great deal of ground work and when the case came to court, we recouped 10,000 euros in damages. We couldn't have done this without their help and support, being locally based and knowing whom to call and when. Although they deduct 8% from our monthly rental, believe me in cases like this, it is well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all for the help, I got someone without advertising ! -  Evianers - did you leave your house with just Gite-like furnishings, I'm not sure how many of my own things to leave around, my books for example, they're important to me but without them the bookcases would look pretty awful. 

[quote user="Fumanzoku"]Thanks all for the help, I got someone without advertising ! -  Evianers - did you leave your house with just Gite-like furnishings, I'm not sure how many of my own things to leave around, my books for example, they're important to me but without them the bookcases would look pretty awful. [/quote]

Fumanzoko

In your position I think I would put my personal books away and just leave a few  less valuable ones on the bare shelves, after all they may have their own books to house.

Archived