Complete France Forum

Am I obliged to employ an Architect

Ken

I have outline permission for two houses on one plot in Morbihan. Although each house will be about 120sq mtrs. can anyone advise me if I am obliged to employ and architect under the 170sq mtr. rule?

You could try looking into Les Castors. http://www.castorsouest.fr/index.php

It's a self-build association with regional branches and one of their

services is preparation of plans, using their own architects if needed.

I haven't joined yet, but plan to once we have our plot sorted out.

However, I only know them by reputation

Plans et métrés

Plans

Nos dessinateurs sont à l’écoute des demandes des adhérents.

Après un entretien approfondi, notre technicien dessinateur réalise un

avant-projet personnalisé, prenant en compte les besoins et souhaits

exprimés par l’adhérent, ainsi que son budget. Après validation, il

réalise les plans pour le dépôt du dossier de permis de construire.

Pour les projets de plus de 170 m2 de surface hors œuvre nette,

conformément à la réglementation, les plans sont réalisés par un

architecte.

[quote user="Iceni"]

FWIW our experience in France is that an architect will NOT sign off plans produced by A.N. Other.

John

not

[/quote]

We drew up our own plans then got told we had to have an architect cos we were over 170sq m.  The artchitect grabbed our plans off us, asked us to take external photos and email to him, reproduced the lot without ever visiting the site and charged us tow and a half grand for the pleasure.  We were a bit p****d off but it was the only way to get the permis. [:@]

Love

Scarlett

Tell me about it!  I think you can say we were well an truly stitched up!!!  The only consolation we had was that we made him wait two months longer than his terms, and he obviously didn't have the nwrve to stick oanything on the bill for late payment.

I would be grateful if anyone can advise...I have a totally ruined, roofless house which is impossible even to enter but which for some reason taxe habitation has always been paid on...probably as the old owner lived in a little barn in the grounds follwing the roof falling in on the main house and probably needed to pay taxe d'habitataion on 'something'.

The main house came with a CU applied for by the immo years ago when we bought and which we have since renewed , the little barn has a separate CU as it was only just before the acte de vente I asked the immo for one to cover this building too . We need to develop the little barn first as the main house is beyond our means at the mo' and the little barn is actually habitable now...permis de construire application is need just to make it legally a dwelling/

So, we are paying taxe d'habitation on a ruin that impots say is a 94 m2...should I be careful to keep the projected surface area of the little barn under  76m2 so that the two added together remain under 170 or does the fact that the permis de construire is only for one building and it has its own CU, make a difference?

Sorry for over wordiness and gabbling...this is rapidly becoming more and more of a muddle!!!

[quote user="tempinfrance"]

I would be grateful if anyone can advise...I have a totally ruined, roofless house which is impossible even to enter but which for some reason taxe habitation has always been paid on...probably as the old owner lived in a little barn in the grounds follwing the roof falling in on the main house and probably needed to pay taxe d'habitataion on 'something'.

The main house came with a CU applied for by the immo years ago when we bought and which we have since renewed , the little barn has a separate CU as it was only just before the acte de vente I asked the immo for one to cover this building too . We need to develop the little barn first as the main house is beyond our means at the mo' and the little barn is actually habitable now...permis de construire application is need just to make it legally a dwelling/

So, we are paying taxe d'habitation on a ruin that impots say is a 94 m2...should I be careful to keep the projected surface area of the little barn under  76m2 so that the two added together remain under 170 or does the fact that the permis de construire is only for one building and it has its own CU, make a difference?

Sorry for over wordiness and gabbling...this is rapidly becoming more and more of a muddle!!!

[/quote]

Working backwards,    If these are two physically separate buildings, with the potential to sell them individually, then in all likeihood they will have a separate Taxe d'habitation raised on each of them. This being the case, I would expect them to have an individual permits de construire. Especially if they are on separate parcels of land (which I imagine is the case if you had to apply for a C of U.)

Hope this helps,

p

Archived