Complete France Forum

Washing machine in bathroom?

RumziGal

I know we're not the only people in France to have the washing machine in the bathroom (and the fittings etc were there from the previous owners too), but someone has just told me quite categorically that you are NOT ALLOWED to have a washing machine in the bathroom.

Anyone know the score?   Does she speak the truth?  

Merci!

It certainly is permitted, I have my washing machine in the bathroom and it is directly underneath the ballon de chaud, the electrical system passed consuel 2 months ago without problem.

NF-C 15-100 requires that it be within zone 3, current supplied by a specific line (separate cable and disjoncteur) the socket should be in the locality of the supply and waste connections, finally it must not be placed within 60cm of a bath or shower.

So methinks that she no speak the truth!

Rumzigal

we had one of our bathrooms revamped last year making more space and now have our washing machine installed in there by the plumber. Plumber's Boss (lady) said we couldn't do it becuse she thought the room was too small but then admitted she was wrong and it is O.K. Heaps better than having the washing machine outside in the garage and having to bring it in to the house for the Winter months.

Archived