Complete France Forum

Fosse pret a plonger

Rose (& Greyman)

We are starting on our house renovation and the first job is to get the very old and non-conforming fosse replaced. We've been to the Mairie, explained what we want to do and they've given us the relevant forms and recommended a local builder. However after a visit to said builder, handing over forms as 'they can make a plan and apply for permission' we've heard no more, despite promises to be in touch (2 months ago).

So having lost faith in the locals we're looking for any other recommendations. We're based just south of St Astier about half way between Bergerac and Perigueux.

Please PM me if you've had a good experience in our area (with a fosse supplier that is, but any other interesting tales accepted).[:D]

hello... i'm just bumping the OH up to the top again as we really would appreciate any recommendations for Fosse installers in the Dordogne... don't be shy... [:D] must be someone out there with all these renovations going on! [:$] [Www]

EDIT... by the way... Hi Cathy [:)]

Hi Rose and Greyman

We are having a fosse installed next month hopefully between 10th-14th March .

We are using a local builder from near Thiviers, might be to far for you, but he runs a good sized business and might travel!

It has all been arranged by our agent who recommended him to give us the devis.

I am coming over to oversee it being put in and I can let you know whether I would recommend him myself.

We are situated 10 miles north- east of Perigueux

Thanks Patf... we've had a look but it's difficult to know who is 'good'...  word of mouth is often a great way to find the right person for the job... so if you know of anyone recommendations are very welcome [:D]

p.s. thanks for the pm JT [:D]

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on my fosse installation.

As stated above my fosse was to be put in 10th-14th. March (yes the wettest week for a long time)!!

Well it all went extremely well and I would recommend the installer to anyone.

PM me if you want his details, he is situated near Thiviers, Dordogne

[quote user="greyman"]

We are starting on our house renovation and the first job is to get the very old and non-conforming fosse replaced. We've been to the Mairie, explained what we want to do and they've given us the relevant forms and recommended a local builder. However after a visit to said builder, handing over forms as 'they can make a plan and apply for permission' we've heard no more, despite promises to be in touch (2 months ago).

So having lost faith in the locals we're looking for any other recommendations. We're based just south of St Astier about half way between Bergerac and Perigueux.

Please PM me if you've had a good experience in our area (with a fosse supplier that is, but any other interesting tales accepted).[:D]

[/quote]

hi ok

putting in your own fosse is not beyond the average DIY er ,the thought seems to frighten people ....

look here http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/daveolive/?start=60

it is not that difficult ,I know I brought over my own mini digger but the total cost for the fosse and sand filter was aprox €1200 ,you are to far south for me but if you want to DIY it email or pm me and I can guide you through the process

dave

Hi Dave

Would appreciate a  few tips on DIY fosse installation. Waited for an hour for a fosse bloke to pitch up & give us a devis for a new fosse - guess what? He didn't pitch!! So I have decided to save a packet & install it myself. Please pm me & I'll get back to you.

Postie

Archived