Complete France Forum

where can I get a stove like this

krusty

I'm just in the process of installing a Godin in brown exactly as per the photo and if it hadn't taken me 2.5 days to destruct the existing fireplace, including the whole chimney which all turned out to be constructed of cast concrete with rebar, 'er indoors would be warming her toes by it at this instant !

Of course we'll be finding a nice KETTLE to finish it off

[img]http://www.godin.fr/images/images-fpfonteacier/petit-godin-3721.jpg[/img]

Yes I admit it is hard to say how much heat they give off. I use simple terms if it is cold outside , does it make the home warm inside.

We have a modern bungalow (1985) and one gas wall heater(1.8kw) keeps the lounge(20ft x 14ft) up to 22`c even when it is 0`c outside.

So my plan for the wood burner is to fit it in the hall and hopefully heat the whole place.

Am on the search for a wood burner myself krusty, have been told that Supra are good, but can't find them locally anymore - we need a small one and all we keep being sent is information on big ones. The deville at present in the dining room is literally that, in the middle of the room with a 1 metre pipe to the chimney connection, so that's half the dining room taken up.

I can get smaller ones here, but car won't take them back to the HV. Am now contacting Fabien at Chalus, have been told she does them - and fits them herself!

Now THAT'S what I call a stove[:-))]......would love one, a bit too ornate for a farmhouse though[:(] Country living are also doing a feature on stoves this month, but the more rustic variety, sorry, can't do links[:$].

Oliger (I think that's the name) make decorative stoves. Swedish friends have one of the stoves shown above, it's in their 1st

floor sitting room, I would love one of those but then I am a big fan

of ornamental stoves.[:)]

We have a beautiful old Italian stove that came with the house, it's made by a company called Castelmonte who are still in business.

If you go to Alsace these stoves can often be seen and the Alsace folk museum in Strasbourg has some beauties.

[quote user="jondeau"]Maybe it's just me, but I can't help feeling that these things are absolutely hideous. Buy one ? I wouldn't accept one as a gift.[/quote]

I'm afraid that I agree with you, jondeau, but if we all had the same tastes life would be really boring. We bought a wood burning stove from FranceTurbo, it puts out up to 13 kW, so is probably too powerful for the OP.

FairyNuff [:)]

• 1 month later...

Archived