Complete France Forum

Those plasterboard rails

redkite

I've been renovating a house in France for some time now and part of the work has involved  fixing plasterboard to those metal rails.

Took some getting to grips with em' as in the UK I'd always used timber studding then plasterboard on top.

I'm now doing some work on my daughters house in the UK and trying to find the same rails but so far without any luck (I've looked on the Jewson website with no joy)

Any ideas guys or am I going to have to buy them in France and ship em' back?

Cheers.

I too would recommend CCF but I didnt know if they were nationwide, between myself and my pal with the huge transit and huger trailer we have brought over 4 tonnes of placo from the UK recently and a huge amount of metal framing.

Its ironic as only 3 years ago I was taking 95% of my material the other way for a renovation job, placo and metal at that time was a similar price and not worth the logistics.

To be fair it is only about a 25% saving on UK placo over BA13NF now but once you start buying fire rated, hydrofuge or acoustic the difference in price is incredible not to mention the availability of lengths and widths to suit the job without having to special order by the pallet load.

I checked out the Wickes' web site and they do not appear. So, I emailed them and they phoned me to confirm they did sell them, they were callled C rails, but that they were not on their web site because they could not offer a delivery service for them.

Thanks again guys.

Now I need to convince the local Council that my daughters house in the UK qualifies for an insulation grant even though it does not have cavity walls (hence the rails) - but perhaps thats not for this forum!

Archived