Complete France Forum

Corrugated Door Panels

AnOther

Anyone know where I can find a couple of panels as per below. They are the older style rounded profile but these days it seems only the newer square profile is available. Length is 2.4m

You can see the reason I need a couple of replacement panels, this was NOT done by me I hasten to add !

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/Door.jpg[/IMG]

Not quite PZFP.

The profile is wrong plus they are light weight roof panels, the door panels are quite substantial and also galvanised.

You see them everywhere on barns on farms and workshops etc. but other than 2nd hand they are very difficult to find.

Despite how they look, i.e. new apart from the ding, mine are circa 1976 !

Thanks anyway [;-)]

Yes I have been to Bricodepot and, just about every other shed too, they all say the same, too old. Even my local reclaim yard can't come up with any. They themselves have got some as doors on one of their sheds so they know exactly what I want.

Panel beating is a possibility but with the degree of damage to the profile I doubt that it could ever be got back to as was. It's probably 3 or 4 times thicker than any car panel and with that sort of damage you wouldn't contemplate panel beating. Also to beat it out would require heat which means discolouration which in turn means I'd definitely have to paint them afterwards, and of course once you paint something it becomes a maintenance job, I already have enough of those thank you.....!

Unfortunately the position of the barn is such that it and the door are almost the first things you see of my property as you approach and as it's up a steep slope, facing south with the sun on it, the damage just hits you smack between the eyes.

From the Scotsman's book of bodge.......

Can't see the picture from here due to works firewall however I am guessing this may be a job for swapping a panel from the 'blind' side of the structure into the damaged area?

I would then take the knackered panel down to an engineering shop and ask them to 'Wheel' out the damage. If you are lucky they should be able to get some semblance of order restored but without seeing how bad the damage is hard to tell.

If the damage is mid panel I may be tempted when swapping to look at locations where I wanted a ventilator, window or a door anyway in order to find a 'donor' alternatively is it the same panels on the roof?

[quote user="BIG MAC"]Can't see the picture from here due to works firewall[/quote]Crikey, and I thought my corporate firewall was stringent !

There is no blind side, there are 5 1m wide overlapping panels which make up the sliding door and thats it so I would only be moving the damage from near center to one side or the other. I don't want or need a secondary door, window, or vent, besides which it would mean cutting the framework and the cross bracing behind the panels and it would probably work out cheaper to replace all the panels with the new style, who knows someone might be looking for a couple of the old style panels to repair some damaged ones [:D]

I don't think wheeling will do the job, there is both stretching and compression in the damage which extends beyond the profile and into the flat areas, heat would definitely be required with the aforementioned discolouration, replacement is the only real option 

Roof is corrugated asbestos so no options there unfortunately.

Thanks for the ideas though.

Archived