Complete France Forum

Using Roll Insulation in Partition Wall - How Do I Attach It?

Rich1972

I've built partition walls for the bathroom and hallway using wooden chevrons (much to the disgust of my French builder acquaintance). I've plasterboarded one side and now the wiring and plumbing is installed I can put up the other side of plasterboard. Before that I need to get some insulation. I'm planning on using the roll type laine de verre insulation rather than the panel type so my question is, how do I attach the insulation to the wall so that it doesn't fold back under its own weight as I'm putting it up?

What have other people's experiences been?

[quote user="Théière"]What's wrong with the panels, they fill the void. If your insulation is loose enough to fold back on it's self then that's not much insulation so it won't work effectively.[/quote]

Speaking from my point of view, 100mm laine de verre revetu semi rigide @ €4.71 per square metre versus British Gas subsidised 200mm fibre glass split to 100mm at 15 pence per square metre.

Even less if you include the profit that I made when I sold on the excess of 24 rolls but that was to cover the ferry costs etc.

I have a lot of metrage to do with ceilings, cloisons and external walls on all 3 floors.

I wish I been around during the silly weekend when they were selling for 89 per roll, it made 3 for a fiver seem expensive!

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="Théière"]What's wrong with the panels, they fill the void. If your insulation is loose enough to fold back on it's self then that's not much insulation so it won't work effectively.[/quote]

Speaking from my point of view, 100mm laine de verre revetu semi rigide @ €4.71 per square metre versus British Gas subsidised 200mm fibre glass split to 100mm at 15 pence per square metre.

Even less if you include the profit that I made when I sold on the excess of 24 rolls but that was to cover the ferry costs etc.

I have a lot of metrage to do with ceilings, cloisons and external walls on all 3 floors.

I wish I been around during the silly weekend when they were selling for 89 per roll, it made 3 for a fiver seem expensive!

[/quote]

But this is France, land of the rip-off! [Www]

Cold (but cooked) Bacon and Brie baguettes with lettuce and blackcurrant jam.......food of the Gods.....French neigbours didn't think they would like it...they are all asking me to bring back bacon now!

French people are brill

Archived