Complete France Forum

Looking for cast in situ RC lintel instructions

BIG MAC

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

Toroidal? not sure I would describe re bar as a Toroid...to accept lower chords in a composite are under tension imposed by static load then the upper will be under compression.....not sure what the significance of mining works would be.

Chancer is bang on with the norm for normal production of Pre- stressed RC lintels - the chords are tensioned off the mould ends which is why you can see the cut off

'Prestressed is a concrete lintel with smaller rebar comprising thin high yield steel tendons which are put into tension ie pulled apart as the concrete is cast. These are cut when the concrete has cured, which puts the concrete into compression as the wires try to shorten themselves. The reason for this is that concrete is strong in compression, weak in tension: it therefore reduces the tensile stresses in the concrete when a load is applied ie it's much stronger'

[/quote]

acier haute-adhérence (aciers HA anciennement dénommés TOR)

[IMG]http://img.alibaba.com/photo/107580793/TMT_Tor_Steel_CTD_Bars.jpg[/IMG]

Loads of it in different diameters at 6 metre lengths at E Leclerc Agri-Bati Parthenay.

So its called Re-Bar in england. What does the Re mean and is it toroidal ?

A french artisan will call it acier TOR.

I believe re-bar because it is re-inforcing bar also because it is made from recycled steel, all of the ships that are broken up on the beaches of India end up as low grade steel for re-bar.

Everyne around here calls it fer à bêton, its one of the few things seems to be cheaper than in England, at least in the DIY sheds, I saw a guy in B&Q with a few 2meter lengths of 6mm, it cost him more than £20 [:-))]

Archived