Euros savings accounts

JaneT

Does anyone have any advice about where to put the proceeds of our house sale? I know ING Direct is offering a good rate, but some time ago I seem to remember someone recommended off-shore euro accounts, which would seem a good idea for at least part of our cash. We would not want to have any very strict conditions as we need to be able to access the money easily and quickly.

Many thanks!

With higher returns can come risks, including no insurance for your deposit should the financial institution itself fold. Not a statement of fact per se, as it applies to off-shore, but merely a flag so you consider that before plunking your funds in any account including an offshore one. (Unless you thrill at that sort of risk.) If they are insured, then may as well go for it and then just deal with all the other usual pros and cons. Happy investing.

Camille

www.maisonquercy.com

a problem isn't it.euro rates are so much less than UK. We use ING and offshore. If you use an offshore account with an acknowledged UK bank, these sometimes/often offer more security. I would think that LLoyds offshore is just as safe as Lloyds on shore!?