Money Exchange

Kent

I know that we can't name and shame on here but can anyone give me any feedback on the best people to use for transfers of money - esp a direct debit to a french account in order to pay a motgage with Societe Generale.

I have been using one of the larger companies but they have failed to set up two direct debits and managed to get three money transfers wrong almost jeopardising the property purchase and causing me to go overdrawn at the bank.

Please feel free to e-mail / send to my inbox any good or bad stories so that I can judge who I might get a better service from.

Thanks for your help

Try HIFX, they have a scheme called 'monthly payments abroad', I am signed up with them but have not started to use the scheme yet. I believe that you pay the 1st & last payment(of 12) up front, they add all 12 payments up and agree an exchange rate, then you make the same sterling payment each moth from you bank safe in the knowledge that you payments will remain the same. It then continues into the next year, they will call you towards the end of first year. Hope that helps.

Regards

Bob