Getting a mortgage in France...it's really easy!!!

makeiteasy

i'm reading all your topics about how to get a mortgage in France ...it seems so difficult, but in fact it's really simple!!!
I really agree that english and french banks don't have the same way to do it but it doesn't mean that it's more difficult. I agree too that some banks are asking so many papers that you could be afraid, but those are not the good one to deal with.
It's true that you've to proof your identity, your income and if you own some estate in UK or France, but here are the main things required.
Subject to your status, some other details could be asked, but never your grandmother's maiden name!!!If you want to buy with a SCI, it's no more difficult, it's just a different way to do it.I'm so surprised to be in touch with people who are sure they will never get any mortgage and who are completely wrong, just because they had a bad advice with a bank which didn't really considered their request or just don't understand it, because of the language barrier!!!
 I'm used to getting mortgages, bridging loans or loans for overseas or resident people(main from UK) who want to buy a property in France(and i know some banks ready to set up a bridging loan if you sale your house in UK to buy a new one in France) and i manage to get the best rate with the less bank fees i can. And when you calculate that for example just getting 0.5 % ( 4.00 % instead of 4.5 %) for a mortgage of 150 000 € on 20 years makes you save 9600 €, you'll understand immediatly your interest...
Céline

Edit - advertising link removed by admin