Post Office Banking

titch

Does anyone out there know about the banking services that can be used in La Poste's.  I can understand that it would be easy to cash a cheque for example, but does anyone know if you can pay a cheque in, at a La Poste if you bank with CA? for example.  Appreciate any help

Just arrived, I have been helped to set up a post office account, it took 8 weeks, it works, but not always. I have a "Carte Blue" which wont work on the autoroutes. Amixture of "Liquide" Cartes de Credit and this card are working here ....... use the english card when rates are good, Natwest carries no charges I am told.

"Natwest carries no charges I am told"

Sorry to let you know but Natwest cards  do have charges. The last figures I had for them on overseas transactions was a 2.65% loading plus 75pence per purchase. For cash withdrawals 2.25% with a maximum of £4. This subject was discussed quite recently, but if you do not want any European transaction charges then use only the following cards:

Nationwide Debit or Credit (must have a current account with them), Saga (for over 50s), Liverpool & Victoria Credit card, Lombard Direct Credit card and Amex Gold Credit card.

Baz

We were thinking of changing from CA to La Poste, but decided against. The charges from La Poste are slightly less, but they are in the process of "streamlining" ie closing down many branches, and it sounds as if their services will become more limited. Then CA removed the charge for transferring currency from UK below 12000 euro. So we stayed with them. Pat.