Tax Treatment of Dividends Paid in England Received in France

Later

Hi.  Does anyone know how dividends are treated, with respect to French tax liabilty, when paid by an English company to a shareholder tax domiciled in France?

I know this sounds like a stupid question because it seems very unlikely, but does anybody know if dividend payments attract cotisations?

Thanks in advance.

[quote user="Later"]I've just read somewhere else on the Forum that dividends are treated as unearned income which attracts cotisations.  Can anyone shed light on this? - I think I'll post that as a separate question,

[/quote]

That was what we were told by our tax man in Gueret (23) on Thursday last week. Ditto bank/BS interest. He didn't say anything about allowances though. He has lots of ex-pat clients and seems very clued up as to our particular circumstances. Speaks good English too,so this isn't a case of my faulty translation!

p

[quote user="Later"]Thank you Leslauriers and P. 

P, would you mind if I contacted your accountant directly by email?  I would be really pleased if he could give me some advice - which I would expect to for.

[/quote]

Sorry John he really IS a tax man; ie. he works for the Hotel des Impots in Gueret dealing with tax matters for residents of dept 23, La Creuse. If you are resident here in 23 I'll happily PM you his name and number otherwise..... desole !

p