Time to think about filling your gas tank ?

The financial pages of the papers are talking about a glut of LNG (Liquid Natural Gas), so much so, that it might even bring about the closure of coal mines as power stations increasingly turn to LNG.

Summer is coming and it's a time of lower demand in Europe.

The € is pretty much overvalued in the eyes of most commentators ( I hesitate to call them experts -  we all now have absoloute proof that experts in finance do not exist !) and will soon drop against the $ in which oil and gas are priced.

It's even good for us UK resident maison secondaire owners, as we just need to wait unitil the € drops and catch gas deliveries on the price lag - we'd better be quick about it though.

There is however a possible flaw in the above argument - do French LPG prices bear any relation to world gas prices, or is it simply a case of what the market will bear?

I need to spend about €1000 euros soon, so I'd be interested in any views or facts on LPG prices in France.

Your post has prompted me to look at past gas bills.

Price is given per tonne, and has ranged from 810€ in Dec 2006 slowly increasing to 1040€ in Nov2008, then dropping to 940€ in Jan 2009.

This is from Antargaz, prices do vary between providers.

But I've no idea how prices compare with those in other countries.

We elected to take delivery at the initiative of the gas co., so they top up when in the area.