Bank business loan?

melmoth

My wife and I are planning on setting up a sort of "alternative" camp site in Normandy and are thinking about getting a French business loan for this. Does anyone have an any views on how to obtain such a loan, the pitfalls, requirements etc. We own our house outright.

In advance, many thanks

Brendan

Hi,

You will have to put together a detailed business plan in the same way as you would for a UK bank - forecasts for ingoings and outgoings including cotisations and VAT for the first 3 years, specifics of how much money you can put into the project yourself, proof of some market research and demand for your product, proof of research with regards to "supply" of your product (if you are thinking alternative therapists type of stuff), info with regards to what kind of business you plan to set up (SARL, entreprise individuelle etc) info on insurances, proof of ability to pay a loan back and basically any other info you can put together to make it clear that you have thought your project through thoroughly.

Best of luck.

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Thanks a lot for all this - very helpful. I'll do all you suggest. A lot of work but, of course, important to us too to get a good idea of whether our project is viable - and I'd hate to lose our French house if everything fell through!

Brendan