Livret A - maximum

chessfou

Having found the text "le montant total de vos dépôts sur votre livret A peut aller jusqu'à 15 300 €, intérêts non compris." I am not sure:

- is this the historical total of all monies introduced (withdrawals being ignored) or

- an effective maximum balance.

I guess it should be the former but we have exceded that sum on my wife's LA, albeit with a maximum balance of no more than about 12 000 €, in the course of last year (and even more this year), all of which was happily allowed by our bank's internal virement par intenet system (we have been using the LA as a place to park lump sum transfers before feeding them into the current account).

The bank's software has not spoken, nor have the relevés de compte, so I'm a little confused (the sizeable booklet that was eceived on opening the LA makes no mention of the 15 300 maximum).

Anyone know for sure what's what and perhaps able to point to a more detailed and fully authoritative text?

[quote user="chessfou"]Having found the text "le montant total de vos dépôts sur votre livret A peut aller jusqu'à 15 300 €, intérêts non compris." I am not sure:

- is this the historical total of all monies introduced (withdrawals being ignored) or

- an effective maximum balance.[/quote]I haven't seen a text that says anything different from what you quoted, but that's consistent with what the lady in the post office told me when I opened a Livret A, namely: the 15 300 € is the maximum principal balance, i.e. the maximum amount that can be in the account, net of all withdrawals, but ignoring all interest credited.