Filling in a declaration de ressources form

Goodlife

Bonjour

We have been resident and employed in France for 18 months and pay our taxes.  For various reasons we need to fill in a form called "Declaration De Ressources - Anneé 2007" and are looking for advice from the collective knowledge on here. 

My previous UK employer never sent payslips since they were posted online on the company intranet, so I have no proof of monthly income and taxes from 2007.  I do have UK income tax returns and P60's, but obviously these run from April to March so cross over a French tax year.  I therefore have no way to determine the exact income and tax paid from Jan 2007 to Dec 2007.

Is there an official way to calculate this? Perhaps we should take 3/12ths of the 2006-2007 UK tax return values and add 9/12ths of the 2007-2008 UK tax return values?

Also, the form wants amounts in Euros.  Would we calculate using FX rates from 2007 or today's rates?

Thanks for any assistance.

We used to have to do this and just used the same amount if it was for a full year or 1/12th x however many relevant months (as you suggest) and then include a copy of the P60 and it never seemed to be a problem.

As for the exchange rate we would look up the average exchange rate for the relevant year, print off wherever we found it and include a copy.

So long as you can show where you have got your figures from, you'll probably be OK.