Learn new skills, meet new friends

Hi all

Anyone interested in free or petit prix workshops to do with DIY, Gardening,French cuisine, local history etc.

We're hoping to set this up in a salle de fête near you or at my classroom in St Romain en Charroux.

Please let me know your locality and any other possible subjects we can discover together. The aim is to meet new friends, both French and English, to learn new skills and hopefully to conduct most of the proceedings in French with ad hoc translation if required.

Que pensez-vous?

Stephanie Thomas

[email protected]

in association with ACCOR

Hi there

I'm based in St Romain en Charroux (86) which is 10 minutes from Civray and Charroux. This is where I have my French classes, but the activity workshops will be wherever there is a positive response and demand.

I would like to point out that these workshops are non-profit-making initiatives. The association ACCOR helps (mainly French) newly retired people in the area to meet new people and discover new talents.

They contacted me as their members would like to meet up with English folk and as my pupils similarly would like to make more French friends it's a good step in the right direction towards further integration.

Any cost involved would be purely to cover photocopies of songs, for example or essential vocabulary to help non-francophones to fully participate in the said activities.

Let me know what you all think.

Stephanie