Charity Quiz Night Montendre South Charente Maritime 28/02/06

Dear Forum Members, I am postring this below for a friend, please reply directly to him if you are interested in supporting a good cause and perhaps even having a good night as well.

Hi,

My name is Jonathan Green and I live close to 33920 St. Savin on the Gironde, Charente Maritime border.

I am arranging a charity "Quiz Night" on Shrove Tuesday, 28th February 2006 at the Café Marronniers, ave de la République, 17130 Montendre, starting at 8 pm.

Last year my son was very ill and spent 5 days in the intensive care unit at the Pellegrin Hospital, Bordeaux. Whilst he was in there I was offered a room at the Ronald McDonald "Maison des Parents" for parents whose sick children are admitted to the hospital, but Mum & Dad do not live close by. They provided a room in the "maison" (which is in the hospital grounds) with a direct telephone link to the intensive care ward so that I was only a couple of minutes away if I was needed urgently (which thankfully I wasn't!). They were so helpful and I was so thankful of the support.

So now it's payback time. I want to raise as much money as I can to help keep the house doing what it does so well.

There is a 5€ entry fee per person, with a maximum of 4 persons in each team. There will be a grand prize for the winning team and (if the night is well supported) a few spot prizes along the way. If you don't fancy entering the quiz but want to support us, why not come along and treat it as a social evening to meet some new friends (You can also buy some raffle tickets if you want!). The bar has just been renovated into a French version of a British pub and there is a choice of beers on draught, including GUINNESS!

There is a restaurant attached and so food should be available (unless the quiz players have to spread into the restaurant!).

Please telephone me on 05 57 58 06 15 (or email me at [email protected] to register your team, or if you want more information. I really need to know how many want to come so that I can arrange prizes, etc. If well supported I'd be willing to arrange a regular monthly "social evening" of some sort to keep the ball rolling.

Thanks for reading this far, there was a lot of details to get in! Hopefully I'll hear from you soon.

Best Wishes to you all,

Jonathan Green