We're in 72 as well, but we're near Alençon.  More like Lower Normandy, but technically the Sarthe.  If you're lucky you'll find you're the only English around your parts but it's unlikely.  That was tongue in cheek, by the way.

Thanks.....

One of the main reasons for choosing the house was because of its isolation. My parents live in Chalais and i call it little England, nice but too overcrowded. However, it is nice to have someone else in the area to meet up with now and then and have a chat and a coffee. My French isn't great so a good old natter now and then won't go amiss i'm sure.

Tania

We are planning to move close to Ecommoy  nr a village called  Marigne Laille in August of this year, subject to legals etc....  So we look to be quite near by, so keep in touch.

Anne & Bradlee

I live not too far from either St Calais nor from Ecommoy (or Marigne Laille – drove through it yesterday).  There are a few English speaking voices one overhears occasionally in the Supermarket in winter but not that many.  Its actually surprising as its an excellent area, good communications for UK (low cost flights, ferries, etc.) but is still largely French (main holiday home owners seem to be Parisians – who are not too popular).

When you move, if I can help at all, do PM me.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...