Hi does anyone know of anywhere I can send my dog for two weeks in December, it can't be kennels as he suffers from Arthritis in his paws.   Does anyone know anyone who takes dogs in there homes.

It would have to be near ideally Saintes,Cognac, Royan, Jonzac.  A large area I know but we are in Pons, so none of these places are too far.

I have asked this question on another forum, but am getting desperate now so thought I'd ask on here as well just in case.

Thanks in advance

Emma

Hi, thanks for the reply Christine, I have already contacted Nina and she is fully booked.  I think the Dordogne is too far from me, but I have contacted the person who replied to the thread you posted.

Fingers crossed.

Emma

Emma

I can't help at the moment, but have you considered indicating if you're willing to pay someone for this service and at what level or are you expecting for it to be done free of charge?

Secondly, and your dog would probably prefer this, have you considered having people to stay at your own house?

We dog sit for a couple of friends' dogs and we end up having them for about four or five weeks per year. No money changes hands because they're longstanding friends but we do get taken down the local moule and frites house once in a while.

The possible problem of having someone else's dog in your home is that their habits may not suit what you expect. As an example, we know our friends let their dog onto their furniture and occassionally into their bedroom. Because these dogs are used to staying with us they know that's not allowed in our house. We wouldn't want a two week battle with a dog who wouldn't obey us because it would just be an absolute misery for the animal and not rewarding for us.

If you were willing to think along either of these lines you may, possibly, get a response from someone on the forum.

Just trying to be helpful and pass on our experiences.

Benjamin

• 2 weeks later...

Emma,

Try Tanja CARION on the below details, she is in Echebrun just o/s Pons, she is excellent, we have used her a few times, She can take two dogs and hads two of her own. They get two walks a day and have their own little rooms.

[email protected]

Tanja Carion,30 Rue de la Gare,17800 Echebrune

0033  ( 0 ) 5.46.98.69.40.

Good Luck.