Hi can you please advise how many stations are open for Diesel in the area. We are travelling from UK on Friday to Parthenay and then onto Messanges. There is very little information news information in the UK on what is available. Many thanks.

As usual, I won't be able to make this link clickable, but there's an interactive map here:

http://www.tf1.fr/tf1/auto-moto/news/penurie-de-carburant-4-000-stations-rupture-ou-trouvez-de-l-essence-4893958.html

ETA if you follow this link (from the same page) you will find the map, and there's even an app for it!

http://www.tf1.fr/tf1/auto-moto/pages/automoto-carte-interactive-stations-essence-france.html

Just back from the Leclerc at Attin (next Mntreuil sur Mer) where there was no queue and plenty of fuel, both diesel and petrol. Supplies coming from Dunkerque apparently.

A tip, though; queues build up at lunchtime as people come from work to top up.

I know that supplies were short in the Vendee a couple of days ago, and the surrounding departments, such as Deux Sevres may be the same. Why not phone ahead to the big supermarkets an see what the situation is?

Many petrol stations in surrounding towns seem to have either run out or have restrictions so I was a bit worried when I went to Leclerc in La Rochefoucauld yesterday - but found no queues, no restrictions and the only thing they were short on was the more expensive diesel.

Interestingly enough ITN wrote this : The RAC is advising drivers already on the continent and about to cross France not to attempt the journey unless they have enough fuel for the whole trip.

A small difference in emphasis.

Sue

The maps are useful but if the station is a distance away there is always the risk that they will run out of fuel before you get there.

Anyone thinking of venturing deep in to France this UK half term holiday may be best to think of going to somewhere in the UK.

Just got back from France (ferry in Belgium). I had filled up on Saturday and there were no queues at all. And then, after seeing queues on Tuesday day, filled that night before we left put about 11€ worth in and then on the motorways on the way up, filled up every two hours. Only one station would allow 30litres max. And there was a sign that there was one without gazole, only we were OK and then filled up in Belgium.

If there had been none to be had, we would have simply gone back via Switzerland and Germany, would have made a change.