Embrasement de la Cite!

Does anybody have any idea if there is ANY public transport available after the fireworks on the 14th July????

I've tried looking at the Carcassonne tourism website and I can't see anything. We're still desperatley trying to book hotels / B&B in the immediate area for the night, but do seem to have found something out near CC Salvaza but it's a long way in from there - and me mother's legs aren't quite what they used to be [:P] !!!

The train timetable for Carcassonne back to Quillan is only valid until 01/07/2006 and I can't see anything on the buses so that may take a phone call if all else fails [blink]

Any help on this front would be most appreciated.

Jo

What I do is park outside and cycle in, can take a couple of hours to clear the town by car after the event.

There is a hotel Ibis very close by, or a very cheap and cheerful formula 1 on the route de Narbonne.

Try to get invited to supper with someone who lives in Carcasonne and

then drive home after the crowds have disipated - around midnight.

David

[quote user="Davidball"]There is a hotel Ibis very close by, or a very cheap and cheerful formula 1 on the route de Narbonne.
[/quote]

All the hotels in Carcassonne were full within 48 hours of "La Tour" being announced, which is primarily why we're going up there for the day but thought we'd stay on for the show. As I said before - cycling is out of the question as mum can't make it and unless I can find a way of getting out to a hotel through public transport there doesn't seem much point in booking the ONE hotel I can find.

[quote user="Davidball"]Try to get invited to supper with someone who lives in Carcasonne and then drive home after the crowds have disipated - around midnight.

[/quote]

hmmm that sounds good - but I don't know anyone who actually lives IN Carcassonne! unless any one is offering of course!!!!!!! [Www]

But thanks for that anyway......

Looks like we might just come up for the tour and go home again.....

Jo