I've tried asking this on Vehicles in France but maybe some local knowledge is needed.

Can anyone tell me what the speed limit is at the point on the Eastern side of the Caen Peripherique where the speed camera is located.

For whatever reason I obviously missed the speed limit signs, went past the camera at 110km/h and whoosh blinding white light. I'm now wondering if I'm looking at a 100 euro fine for speeding in a 90 limit or the book thrown at me for doing 110 in a 70 limit. Before anyone tells me - yes, I know I should have been paying more attention but I must have missed the limit signs in my scanning for the direction signs.

We were on our way to Ouistreham and using the route for the first time, and I'm now back in the UK so can't check.

Any info gratefully received.

Best Regards

Alan.

Hello,

I don't actually know where the speed camera is on the peripherique - haven't noticed it but I am pretty sure that when we go back from Ouistreham (from Vire area) there are only 2 speed limits on the peripherique - i.e. 90 or 110. The only time it is less is when it is 50 for sliproads (on and off).  I do tend to take note of speed limits and so I think I would remember a 70 limit.  I am pretty sure you can't do 135 on the peripherique anyhow!

Anyhow, how will they find you - or do you have a French registered car - or am I being naive?

Hope this might help the anxiety?

Valerie

[quote]Hello, I don't actually know where the speed camera is on the peripherique - haven't noticed it but I am pretty sure that when we go back from Ouistreham (from Vire area) there are only 2 speed limit...[/quote]

I've just been looking at www.winedrive.com which give a lot of information about driving and the law. It is saying the french authorities will contact DVLA over speeding and some other offences.

Thanks for the update.

I don't have a French reg car but do travel to France regularly so wonder if I'm likely to get pulled up at a controle for not having paid the fine. Probably unlikely but would be a nuisance late at night on the journey home to catch a ferry for example.

The 70 limit is just north of the A13 junction just before the turn off to Ouistreham - I've quite possibly got confused and the road the camera is on is a slip road onto the peripherique from the A13 but it was signed as Peripherique Nord.

Maybe I should trade the car in!

Regards

Alan.