I know the guy who is writing the site.  As far as I am aware it is a free listing and advice site.  I think it is primarily designed to bring people's attention to some of the intermediary property sites that are around and that it is possible for purchasers to buy their property at thesame price as the french would have bought it, instruct only registered and insured building workers and, if they need their hands held in settling in, find a firm who charge a set fee, rather than have it added onto the price of the property itself.

I think there's an email link on the site itself and that the links are working.  Try it out.

Sorry, I don't understand - why should the French buy houses at a different price from anybody else? If you, whatever nationality you are, buy from a decent agent in France you get the 'hand-holding' services included in the standard agents fee, so there is nothing added on to the price of the house. If you don't want the agent's services or to pay an agent then you buy privately (with no agency fee) or through a notaire (who charges 2.5% to 5% commission as well as the legal fees, which you pay anyway however you buy).

From what I've learned from other sites there are an awful lot of 'black' tradesman in the Mayenne area so I hope your friend is only going to link to legitimate businesses. It's a pity that the web address is so similar to another website.

Will

I agree that that folk should buy at the french price but, as you know, many pay well over the odds for no other reason that they are not clued up.

Personally, I think the name similarity is no co-incidence.  However, if he decides tio bring the discrepencies in pricing to the notice of possible house hunters, good for him.  if it serves to help local businesses, (I would hope that they would be registered etc.) then again, it can only be of assistance to all concerned.

Perhaps a 'black' tradesman site is the answer.  Name and shame!

Is there a contact email on the site??? if so, and you have a legit business, why not put forward a listing?