Hi, this is my first post as I have just acquired a fantastic village house on the borders of 14 and 27.  I have found the forum very useful and I am really looking forward to spending time in Normandie with my family and dog.  Which brings me to my question.  Can anyone recommend a good vet in the Lieurey/Pont Audemer area who is able to undertake the tick and worm treatment under the PETS travel scheme?  Doesn't need to be English speaking.  I have some names from the Pages Jaunes, but a personal recommendation would be great, if anyone can help.  We are planning to bring her across for Whitsun week and would like to have everything arranged (she already has a passport and has served her 6-months "time").

Also, do French vets usually work Saturdays, or does it vary from vet to vet?

Many thanks if you can help.

Sue 

Sue

I don't know of anyone personally but we'll be over before the end of April and I can ask the neighbours (who have a dog) for you if you haven't had a reply by then from someone with personal experience.

We too are near Lieurey as are some others on this forum - as you've probably seen in the "Informative Forum" thread.

Best Regards

Alan.

Thanks Alan, that would be really helpful and very kind of you. 

I have introduced myself on the "Informative Forum" thread and see that we are neighbours - we are in St Georges itself, just off the square.  I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel de France as we have yet to sample it.  Also that you have met the mayor - that is high on our "to do" list!

Enjoy your trip - we have to wait until May Bank holiday for our next visit, can't wait!

Regards,

Sue

Your Maire is a very aimiable chap - a farmer I think judging by the manure covered wellies he was wearing when he was introduced to us by our Maire. I'm sure he'll be very welcoming. There is at least one other English owned house in St Georges along towards the church, nationality of owernship is obvious from its name, although I haven't seen the owners for some time it's likely that our visits just haven't coincided.

Good luck - how long are you over for at the end of May? We were due to visit for two weeks from Bank Hol weekend but our daughter has to have an operation in May so we have had to delay a week or so.

Best Regards

Alan.

Ah, Alan, that is our house!  The previous English owners moved on two years ago and sold to a French lady, who has just sold to us.  The house was too small for her as she has given birth to a third son and it only has a courtyard garden.   Must admit the name we want to change to something a little more French!  I never thought we'd be buying a "Rose Cottage"!

Small world, non?

Sadly we can only come over for the Bank Holiday weekend, owing to work commitments, but will be returning for a week at Whitsun, with our pooch.  Good to hear about the Maire!  Down-to-Earth and amiable, I like.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...