Dear all,

I have advertised the cats with as many people as I know, on this forum and in the supermarket.  Things are getting really tight now because I am going back to the UK in less than six weeks and I DESPERATELY need to have the cats rehomed by then. 

Does anybody have any other suggestions as to how I can do this. I'd offer to pay someone to foster them and find a new home for them if time runs out, but I'm concerned that people might only accept the money and then dump the cats.    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No, because with the time that it takes to get the rabies jab, then the blood test and then the issuing of the new passport, we won't have enough time.  Also we're moving into rented accommodation and we're not allowed pets.  Can you think of anything that I can do.  They are beautiful cats and I'm at my wits end what to do for the best.

you could also try the totalfrance.com forum they have a good pet section.

if you could have them at a later date in different accomodation there are some english kennels in france that will do the whole passport thing for you and then send the cats to you when the time comes.

any luck with your vet,do they know anyone in your area  that will foster them.

SPA is similar to the RSPCA in the UK,they are in all big towns,dont know anything else as i have never dealt with them.

do you have any local cat charities in the northwest that could help.

i cannot think of anything else at the moment and i am a long way from you. 

That would have to be the last resort.  Poor little things spent about six months of their life in an animal shelter back in England. Thats where we rescued them from.  Oscar had been abused and had loads of fur missing and Billie had been dumped in a shoe box outside the shelter. I couldn't do that to them again.  There must be someone out there who could give them a loving home.  I'll just have to keep trying.  Thank you for your advice though.

if you post it in the pet section more people will read it as if they live near the northwest but not in it they may not read that section.you never know there could be someone in a region close by that is driveable that will have them.are you in brittany?i will ask around here but i am in the lot et garonne......miles away! i wish you lots of luck and keep us posted.if i find anyone i will let you know.

i am down in the lot et garonne,but i already have 11 rescued cats andthey are house cats with a small enclosed cat garden for sunbathing andtalking to the birds.i think i am a bit full,but will speak to someone i know but i dont know many people as i have only been here a little while

Thank you so much.  I have put a posting in the pets section like you recommened, so hopefully something with come from that.  Thanks for all your help though.  Didn't realise it would be so hard to give them away. I thought I would have them for life.  They are part of the family.

Try AngloInfo too - there's a Normandy and a Brittany section. If you post re the cats on there, you will have to include their chip or tattoo numbers as it's a requirement on that particular site.

http://normandy.angloinfo.com/

Dear All,

I have just had a reply from a lovely lady who said she will take the cats, however, the only problem is, is that she is not going to arrive in Brittany until the end of September and I am leaving the end of August.  Does anybody know someone who would foster them for a month in enclosed surroundings so they wouldn't run away until the lady was able to collect them.  Any suggestion or recommendations would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Thank you