This is aimed at the ladies! I will be moving to Brittany next year and my husband will be working. It something I have dreamed of for a long time, not having to work! but just wondering what you ladies find to do with your time?? yes there's loads of housework and gardening, usual things like shopping and looking after pets. Did you find it very different from the UK? has it been hard to find work of any sort? I am thinking of doing voluntary work, to meet people and improve my French any tips?? on making it a easy transition?

The days seem to go really quick here, and you tend to accumulate alot of pets!!!  Ok, after taking kids to school i come back and sort out the horses, normally ride then clean etc.  Then time for a cuppa and browse on internet check out my e mails.  Pick up youngest for lunch 12 til 1.30 then go shopping, visit friends just general stuff like in UK.  Clothes and jewellry seem to be expensive here though.  Its a more laid back life and you don't tend to fuss around so much.  In the UK i was always out shopping having coffee with friends and always doing things, now if i don't want to do anything i don't have to.  Where in Brittany are you moving to??  Do you have children??  As for the voluntary work etc, can't help i'm afraid.  Have made some french friends through the childrens school etc and i do make an effort of going on day trips, helping out with cinema trips etc and attending the fetes which helps integrate alot.  Hope it all goes ok for you.  Good luck