I can thoroughly recommend an architect by the name of Patrick Chave who drew up the plans for our conversion, submitted plans for approval, drew up a work spec. for builders to quote, got quotes from three each of masons, carpenter/roofers, menuisières, plumbers and electricians, drew up a plan of works, oversaw the work and kept everyone on schedule.  His office is based at Alençon 61000.  He does not speak a lot of English but does his best and tries hard!  He is unfailingly cheerful and helpful.  Here's his telephone number and address:

02 33 26 02 40

17 rue 14ème Hussards

61000 Alençon

If you'd rather email let me know and I'll give him a call to get his email for you.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Hi cassis,

Tania here, moving to Sarthe very soon and looking for a good architect. Could you give me the e-mail address of the architect you used.

Couls you also let me know how much he charged or quoted and the size of the project. I had a quote of €12,000 for our project and i think it is a bit high.

Thanks

Tania

Just called Patrick and left a message for him to call me with his email.  He is based in Alençon - where is your project?

His fees for the whole kit and kaboodle including project management were 3,660€ TTC.  He based his fees on 10% of the estimated building costs.  The actual building costs came to more like 50,000€, but because he had estimated 36,600€ before the quotes came in, he kept his fee to the lower figure. 

Assuming he's not on holiday I'll post again when I get his email address.