Our visit to Limousin

Hi All!

Just an update re our recent visit before easter. We drove hundreds of miles trying to take in the whole of the region (impossible!). So we then had to change plan and decided to limit it to the Correze, which meant phoning a couple of B & B's to cancel for which we felt quite bad about. Anyway, we viewed a few houses even though that was not the plan, getting whisked around for a couple of hours unexpectedly! Almost settled on one, that we saw prior to coming over in the private ads (Appel Immo), but it was not to be. We have both now decided that the Limousin is not for us after all, for permanent move. We found it a little too rural, as lovely as the countryside is. As for house prices, well most agents were shaking their heads when we mentioned our budget, we were struggling to find anything suitable in the habitable/ready to move into range.

we have now decided to go back to one of our first choices which is southern Brittany 56. We feel there is more choice for housing and more to see and do, as well as the coast. Also better for our 13yrs old lad. Personal choice, I think Limousin is a lovely region and would probably holiday there, but too isolated for us. That was the purpose of the trip, to find out for ourselves what it was like on the ground, I think that it is very important to have a good look before committing yourself.

Thanks to everyone who assisted with information especially Neil & Sue Spoonley.

Regards Bob & Ann

Bob & Ann

I am pleased that the trip helped you settle on Brittany. A lovely part of the world. We spent time there on our honeymoon.

It was good to meet you and wish you the very best.

Stephen

p.s. we even managed to build that Dorma by the end of our stay. Right now I need a holiday!

Hello ! Saw your posting on your visit to Limousin... will appreciate your personal opinion on the "good as well as the bad" aspects of that area BECAUSE that is what we are thinking of...sight-unseen and based on brochures from Office Tourisme.. Why do we need Your Help... becaue we are in United States and in the 75+ years bracket; these two factors PLUS a minor thing called "money" preclude our running around. So ANY help you coul kindly give us will be Most Sincerely appreciated. We are not very active except to read books, watch TV and travel once in a while by train/ bus etc. do not desire to drive much. Also any "ball-park" numbers in prices of houses, land to build etc will help. You could -- IF YOU PLEASE -- send it directly to me as a private message. I cannot thank you enough for this help. Roberto Tuesday April 20, 2004

Surely you will find the Morbihan (56) much more expensive than the Limousin. I have just moved from Brittany back down to the Dordogne and I can assure you that anywhere near the coast in Brittany in a move in condition will be more expensive than anywhere in the Limousin. What makes you think that rural parts of Brittany can offer more than elsewhere? Places like Tinit sur Mer or the Lorient area are very fashionable for Parisiens and you'll find it difficult to find something reasonable for under 400,000.

Angela

We have both
>now decided that the Limousin
>is not for us after
>all, for permanent move. We
>found it a little too
>rural, >Regards Bob & Ann

Exactly what planet are you on?

Are you sure you were in the Limousin?

Please, please go to Brittany, its just like the SE of England, suit you fine I am sure.

Wendy