Property Management Companies

Would be interested in members opinions on property management companies.

When we first bought our house 12 months ago, we felt it was probably more people just after your money and homing in on your insecurities of lack of language, ways of doings things etc. However, I have to say that 12 months down the line we have realised that we have to face the fact that we live hundreds of miles away for the majority of the year and work full time in the UK. Any small incident such as an electricity problem or renovation job seems like a major headache and we are now considering coughing up the money to have somebody take care of this for us. Its usually suggested on the forum to 'ask a neighbour' and our neighbours are great and have done this but experience has proven that you wait considerable lengths of time for artisans to show up which when you are out of the country proves very difficult.

We are near Bellac and have spotted a company who appear very helpful and willing but I guess they all do when they first want you to join them. Are they worth it or not?

Caz

We use a very good couple who take on gardening, security checks, picking up items, translation - almost anything you want they seem willing to do and prices are very competitive. They live in the area and have two young children at school in France. They are fully registered etc.

I can highly recommend them - let me know if you want more details

Kate 87