hi , im 29 male and looking for friendship in around noyer sur cher (41) i live with my french partner  who is male aswell. we movedto france 3 months ago and im finding it a little hard to settle , im sure it would be a great help for me to meet some new friends who speak english. i like fine wine ,good food  and walking my setter ,which we just got from the spa. all walks of life welcome as very down to earth . please get back to me so we can meet for a glass of wine . thanks steve

• 5 months later...
Oh Gosh Steve! That's awful! I did PM you once though, remember? But it turned out we were too far away to be able to meet up.

How are you finding things now? Is it still hard to settle and make friends? I was thinking that if that was still the case maybe you could join a class or club and make friends that way. Maybe a language school or cookery classes or something. That way you will meet people and learn something. Or you could advertise your dog walking skills and maybe people will pay you to walk their dogs and then you can meet people that way. Just ideas...

I moved to France recently too and I'm young, it is difficult making it work, but with a little perserverance you'll do it!

If you and your partner are ever down towards the Auvergne then please let me know as we'd love to meet up for a beer!

Best of luck

Emma

Am also sorry to hear that you got no replies,I also live too far away , or else would definately have replied,

How are you getting along now, as was just asked by Emma, Have you made a few friends locally yet, do you feel more settled.

I do hope so..

Sharon..

After what Emma and David wrote I know you received more than 1 PM – so where is the problem ? Or did you want everybody to post everything publicly in this thread ?

You are not the first person to start a thread and get no replies (posted publicly) – it is part of the nature of forums. Some people post a question and get no replies at all (i.e. neither posted responses nor private messages) It may be just that there are relatively few forum members close to your area.

Ian