Sad or what?

Kitty

[quote user="missyesbut"]on my way home from work last night, the blood transfusion service was in my community hall so I walked in to do a good deed and give an arm's worth. !![/quote]

Obviously not a Brit in France, then.  British blood is still not accepted.  They're not overly keen on gays either.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="missyesbut"]on my way home from work last night, the blood transfusion service was in my community hall so I walked in to do a good deed and give an arm's worth. !![/quote]

How much did they take?  In the UK the standard is a pint.  Very nearly an arm's worth, as a certain resident of Cheam once noted.

>>>Very nearly an arm's worth, as a certain resident of Cheam once noted<<,<

Cassis! I did feel like Mr Hancock once they'd finish with me. To be technical, yes, I reckon they had a pint out of me... Never had a pint taken so long to be pulled!... I know these things, I used to be a barmaid in my mis-guided youth!....

>>>Obviously not a Brit in France, then. British blood is still not accepted<<<

No, I am a Frenchie in UK. They were a bit bemused about it but needs must and I was OKed. I had to answer the stupid question about 'ethnic minority'

A/ Are you white British

B/ Are you white Irish

C/ Any other white background

So plumbed for C as I am white neither British nor Irish....

Actually the question is not that stupid as from some minorities they can detect certain blood types and illnesses like sickle cell disease which I think mostly black people can suffer from.

Why ever not don't they accept British blood in France?... Weird....

They won't ask so many questions when they have an emergency!

I remember a question about CJD on the form I had to fill in, so maybe that's why?....

Never mind... I am a mad cow anyway...

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

"It is the only thing I've found to help sleep that gives obvious side effects (to date, anyway)."

So we now have a Donormyl Club on here when I thought I was the only one and was keeping quiet about it.

Susan, could you elaborate on the "obvious side effects"...

[/quote][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1577/images3kg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

There aren't any!

[quote user="missyesbut"]I had to answer the stupid question about 'ethnic minority'

A/ Are you white British

B/ Are you white Irish

C/ Any other white background [/quote]

My avatar has a white background so I suppose I could tick both A and B.

[quote user="missyesbut"]Well, on my way home from work last night, the blood transfusion service was in my community hall so I walked in to do a good deed and give an arm's worth. I was OKed by the nurse as fit to give... so...

Came home to a chilled glass of Chablis to replenish.

HAHAHAHA!!![/quote]

Surely you should have had a pint of claret?

[quote user="Cassis"]

Surely you should have had a pint of claret?
[/quote]

It should have been just that I get terribly off the rail with it, sort of turn into Mrs Green Hulk. My OH calls claret the red infuriator... So I avoid it on marital grounds.... [:$]