Could this work for UK drivers

Bugsy

Just had this sent to me by email.

Just thought I would share this with you, from someone who works in the speeding fine department in Swindon's Magistrate's Court and in the course of my investigation into 'fines, their payment  methods, and how points are automatically added against drivers licences' we discovered something very interesting 'If You Get a Speeding Fine.'  This has been tried and it works I tried to send this to everyone I know.  I know that for a fact is works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your license. 
This is how it works: 
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your  licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, £40, then make the cheque out for £41 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick! 
**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!** Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque, then the transactions are NOT complete. However, the system has  gotten its money and is happy and will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.