2009 from me...

Jonzjob

After serious & cautious consideration.....your contract of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2009

It was a very hard decision to make. So try not to screw it up!!!

My Wish for You in 2009

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of  100€ notes.

May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!

May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.

May the problems you had forget your home address!

In simple words ............

May 2009 be the best year of your life!!! [:D]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires

[/quote]

smoking tires ? Did you ever get a whiff of Castrol R .... there is no more emotive smell from my childhood.... well that and roast chicken that was sprinkled with mace before cooking.

Jonz, what a lovely post.  And Happy New Year to you and Mrs Jonzjob!

Baypond, are you sure about the mace?  Because, if you are, I have an organic, free-range chicken in the freezer that I intend to cook next week and I shall sprinkle mace on it if you are absolutely certain that's what you meant.

My father used to sprinkle mace on the skin. Then cook it. It was especially good cold. The link between Castrol R and chicken cooked with mace was that my parents always took this cold chicken along with us when we went to Brands Hatch for the day!

Perhaps if you are unsure, you should just try sprinkling on one side as it is quite a pungent spice, and it does tend to flavour the meat and skin. Let me know how you get on!

Wow, I sure do remember the smell of 'R'! I used to put a drop of it into the tank of me Mk2 Phase2 Consul. 2 reasons, 1 it smelled great and 2 it cleaned so much pony poo out of the engine too. Veggie oil, wow that really does bring it back, that lovely sweet smell!! If I could find some now I might jusr screw up the engine of our C4 with some, just for old time sake!

As for coking with mace, well it is a lovely herb and quite strong. I haven't heard of it for ages and will have to lok it up again.

Souhaiter la bonne année Doux Dix-Sept and everyone else too!!!!!!!