CFE Tax

Gus

Hello,
Have been renting out my apartment in Chamonix now for a couple of years.
Payed income tax all the time, but now got this CFE tax to pay also.
Is this correct?
Feels like i`m beeing made to pay tax two times for my income.
Regards
Gus

If you mean CFE=cotisations foncières d'entreprise then this is a business tax, ie different from personal income tax.

Since you give no info about your situation I have absolutely no idea if it is correct, but if you are set up as a business then it probably might be.

However it is rather odd that you are asking about paying CFE now because the payment deadline for CFE is early December, after which date, late payment fines would be added.

Well, i´ve payed the CFE tax, so no need to worry.
My concern is why i´ve had to set up a business for renting out.

In Sweden we just declare the rental income and pax tax.
Is it mandatory for everone who rents out to make this business set up and pay these two taxes?

Hopefully another renter-outer will be along to clarify soon.

But in the meantime, I have a feeling that the rule is that if it's your only or main source of income, and / or the annual income is above a certain theshold then it has to be registered as a business; but if you have a day job and the rental is just a little extra income stream then it doesn't and you can just declare income and pay tax as you say. However I could be wrong and there is probably more to it than that, it may also depend what kind of rental you do (holiday let/long term lets/whatever).

Presumably the reason for the 2 different systems is that if it was your only or main income and you didn't have to register as a business and pay full social security cotisations you would end up short on your pension.

If nobody else comes along, I suggest you go along to the tax office and have a chat with them, they will be able to explain.

Thx for your help!
Well I think I´ll have to pay the tax office a visit then.
Have a regular income from my business in Sweden, and just rents out the apartment short term when i´m not there for holiday.
Rental income was cirka 15000€ minus rental agency provision 30% last year.